The Arrow And The Song
I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow in its flight.
I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?
Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end
I found again in the heart of a friend.
--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
This is a post about personal redemption. Of you knowing me then, and finding me now. Of you listening to stories of the inbetween times and not judging me. Of you knowing as much of the real me as I let out. You are my arrow and my song, and I'm so very lucky to have you in my life. Friendships like this only happen once. And I'm so glad that it's you...for a thousand years!!! :) Because of you, I am redeemed, once again :D
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.